After beingx conferred the title of the World’s most famous hacker, Kevin Mitnick once quoted that “Companies spend millions of dollars on firewalls, encryption, and secure access devices, and it’s money wasted; none of these measures address the weakest link in the security chain.” So true, isn’t it?
There are several instances of data disaster an organization gets a jolt from. Why are enterprises at a high-risk of data disaster and security lapse issues? By and large, a sizeable organization, usually, is a culmination of several internal departments like operations, human resources, IT, marketing, so on and so forth. To maintain congruency across departments, these enterprises have their data integrated for an easy migration from one department to other.
Challenges faced by businesses to prevent data disaster
In recent times, the adoption of ERP (or Enterprise Resource Planning) system by enterprises has been quite protuberant. However, the virus hegemony poses a serious data threat in front of these companies. Some of the most pressing challenges in this space are:
- Erratic IT infrastructure
- Lack of communication within departments
- Thoughtless ‘Patch’ management approach.
Typically, majority of companies in IT, healthcare, retail, and several others, deal with massive datasets across all teams. Having a robust system that enables computer support network security features to protect the underlying data, is just like a cherry on top of the cake.
How to overcome network security challenges for a business?
Besides, having a resilient feature to accommodate all the network security hacks in the system, there are several other ways of preventing data disaster. Some of them can be listed as follows”
- Getting the entire datasets (of the entire organization) evaluated on a timely basis. IT department can also ostracize or prioritize a data (depending upon its significance within the organization)
- Data backup is imperative while dealing with enormous data.
- Leaning towards a secured cloud IDE (Integrated Development Environment) or just cloud servers to create a safe haven for the enterprise data.
- Data encryption is supported by almost all computers or servers, hence engaging in data encryption activities is also crucial. It supports data protection in its entirety.
- A well-thought out and structured data recovery or disaster recovery plan is the need-of-the-hour. More often than not, companies engage in establishing a seamless data recovery plan well-in-advance, for it helps them come up with immediate solutions during an emergency.
- Keeping an eye on storage media is one of the most indispensable acts an organization can perform well (if need be). Hence, engaging in data vigilant activities can help protect the data in a secured network.
- Data and system audits done on frequent intervals is, again, a notable practice an enterprise can engage in.
West Coast Computer Solutions (WCCS) is adept in implementing all the above routines and checks to enhance data and network security for businesses. Businesses deal with critical consumer data which when lost can bring about legal implications to the company. Hence, protecting the data is a crucial deliverable by a company in today’s date.